Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of the competition:
1. The competition is organised and promoted by Productions Productions Ltd trading as West End Calling (the “Company”).
2. I acknowledge that the purpose of the competition is the search for a musical theatre performer (hereafter referred to as "I/me/my") and the competition will require a vocal performance before a panel of Judges. I understand the nature of the competition and in agreeing to these terms and conditions I hereby consent to the recording and use of my contribution to the competition on the terms and conditions herein stated.
3. The competition requires a non-refundable entrance fee to complete an entry; this covers administration costs plus my audition. The entrance fee does not cover any contestant expenses such as travel. In the unlikely event of an audition being cancelled or I am unable to attend my audition, the Company will where possible provide an alternative audition date.
4. I agree to make myself available at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation rehearsals, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. Such events will be organised by the Company. I understand that I am not entitled to receive exposure to such events.
5. No filming, recording or photography will be permitted at any performance, rehearsal or auditions unless agreed with the Company.
6. The Company (or any other such person as chosen by the Company) may film and/or record performances, rehearsals and/or auditions. I agree to the use of this material by the Company for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to national and international broadcast, including rights to reproduce and edit footage. The Company will own all intellectual property rights in any film and sound recording of the performances.
7. I am free to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnify the Company in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages and other liabilities which may be brought against or incurred by the Company as a result of the breach of any of my warranties, representations or obligations contained in this agreement. I agree that in the event of any breach of this agreement by the Company, damages will be an adequate remedy and I shall not be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief.
8. I hereby warrant that I have not entered into any commercial, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my entry in the competition and will not do so.
9. Competition finalists, defined as any act making the Grand Final, acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for appearances and promotion for an 18 month period from the end of the competition. These will be at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation showcases, heats and the Grand Final for the following year, interviews, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. I agree to attend such events and will advise of and provide receipts to the Company for reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses incurred.
10. I acknowledge and agree to abide fully by the terms and conditions for this competition. I agree to observe all procedures and obey all reasonable instructions in force or given by a member of the Company and/or any location staff in connection with the competition and the management of the locations and the fire safety and security arrangements in those locations.
11. I acknowledge and agree that I will pay a £30 deposit at the auditions to ensure my place in the Heats and all successful subsequent rounds. The deposit will be returned when I leave the competition subject to my punctual attendance and performance at the Heats/Final as well as selling the allocated ticket minimum per round. The minimum number of tickets I'm expected to sell is 5 for each round (heat, semi final and final). In the event of illness, an alternative heat date will be offered, if available and at the Company’s discretion.
12. I acknowledge that the Company reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions (including without limitation verbally) or terminate the competition at any time without liability to me. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
13. If I am under 18 years old I must obtain the consent of my parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and enter their details as provided in the application form prior to my entry into the competition.
14. I must be resident in the UK. I may be asked to provide the Company with supporting documentation in order to substantiate this (i.e. birth certificate and/or valid passport). I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to require at any time proof of my identity and/or eligibility.
15. All personal details and/or information given in my application either in this form or otherwise are truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I undertake to inform the Company immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
16. If I have read this far I am entitled to a free joke by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Worms and Conditions"!
17. The information provided in the application may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the competition. By submitting my details I am agreeing that from time to time the Company’s partners, sponsors or associated companies may contact me with information regarding relevant services they feel may be of interest to me. Should I not wish to receive further information from West End Calling and associated companies about their services I am to email 'opt-out' to email@example.com.
19. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the terms and conditions and/or are in breach of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that the decision of the Company is final and that the Company will have no liability to me if I am unable to attend or take part in the competition.
20. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
21. The Company will endeavour to operate the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
22. If any provision of this agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall no way affect any other provisions of this agreement, the application of the provision in any other circumstances or the validity or enforceability of this agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
23. The courts of England shall have sole jurisdiction in relation to the terms and conditions of the agreement contained in this release which shall be interpreted according to the laws of England.